A Koi Story




I am obsessed with Million Dollar Decorator.  I love the drama, the tears, the chocolate, and the divas!  When they showed Jeffery Alan Marks home and I saw the koi wallpaper in his kitchen,  I was once again smitten!


Jeffery said the panel looks as if the fish are swimming back towards the ocean.


I first saw it when I was doing a story on the West Elm parson's desk.  Sara Story used the paper in a small office, and I was taken with not only the beauty of the paper given the shimmer and sheen, but the movement the design of the fish created on the wall.


It is made by De Gournay, a fairly young English company, establishing itself in 1986.  De Gournay specializes in hand painted wallpaper, often on silk and depicting 18th century Chinoiserie and 19th century French motifs reinterpreted for a modern age. This paper is from their Japanese and Korean collection. 



Another koi paper makes for an unexpected surprise in this powder room.




I love those little fish.



photos: 1. via Peak of Chic, 7. Marili Forastieri for David Scott

1 comment:

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO